Access and life counselling - clear ideas about shaping your own life
People with disabilities live in a world that is full of barriers. To overcome these barriers it is necessary to be clear about your own interests, needs and ideas and have information about and expertise in social law. Only then can you be successful in living a self-determined life.
We would be happy to support you with advice about access and life counselling. Our skilled advisers will explore your concerns, regardless of whether you are looking for information, suitable services and establishments or advice on personal or family matters. The advice complements the offers of your local Lebenshilfe organisation and is particularly given when no assistance is available locally.
Expert advice on all kinds of issues
We advise and support people with disabilities, their families and legal carers. Examples of our advice include:
- Living: How would I like to live in future? What options and support systems are there? How can I make the transition from living with my parents to being independent?
- School/day care facilities: Which school/day care facility is right for my child? What support options are there in mainstream schools?
- Advice on conflict: How can difficulties and conflicts with establishments and services be discussed and resolved? What legal options are there?
- Provision in old age: What might adequate provision in old age look like for disabled family members (inheritance law advice)?
- Self-advocacy: How can problems between representatives of the home, the workshop, family members and establishments be resolved? What type of collaboration is needed for successful self-advocacy?
Our advice focuses on self-determination
The advice we give by phone, email or in person from our premises in Marburg and Hochheim always aims to support your self-determination. We try to support you in getting your voice heard and clarifying your own ideas. Naturally this includes the assistance of supported communication or easy language and cooperation arrangements around the advice offered by your local Lebenshilfe organisation. If legal issues concerning benefits or other matters arise during the advice process, the legal department of the Lebenshilfe Landesverband Hessen e.V. will be approached for support and advice.
Our advisers Wolfgang Kopyczinski and Peter Dietrich look forward to hearing from you.